|“||BOYS WILL BE BOYS ...BUT BETTER.||”|
— Poster Quote
Zapped (originally called Unleashed) is a Disney Channel Original Movie based on the tween fiction novel Boys Are Dogs. It began production in early August 2013 in Vancouver, Canada, and premiered on June 27, 2014 in the U.S Family Channel in Canada, and the U.K. It had Zendaya and Spencer Boldman in the starring roles. Zendaya portrays the lead role, Zoey Stevens. It aired in June 27, 2014,, in the UK on the 18th July 2014 and in Scandinavia on the 12th September 2014 and on 19th September in Slovenia. The first teaser premiered on March 24, 2014 on Disney Channel's Youtube Channel. Zendaya and Spencer will be doing a live chat on Twitter during the premiere. Too Much is a promotional single for the movie, as well as the theme song of the movie.
It is centered around a girl called Zoey Stevens and her troubles with adjusting to a new lifestyle. It is situated in the city of Westlake in Los Angeles, California, USA; Thompson family home, Westlake Park, Westlake High School and Pitstop.
16-year-old Zoey Stevens (Zendaya), a skilled dancer and straight-A student, is having a hard time adjusting to a new high school, a new and klutzy dance squad, a new step-dad, three new rowdy step-brothers and an unruly dog. But things change when a dog training app on her smartphone begins to somehow control all the boys around her.
- Zendaya as Zoey Stevens
- Spencer Boldman as Jackson Kale
- Emilia McCarthy as Taylor Dean
- Chanelle Peloso as Rachel Todds
- Adam DiMarco as Adam Thompson
- Lucia Walters as Jeannie Stevens
- Samuel Patrick Chu as Charlie
- Jedidiah Goodacre as Tripp
- William Ainscough as Ben Thompson
- Conner Cowie as Zach Thompson
- Aleks Paunovic as Ted Thompson
- Louriza Tronco as Yuki
- Jessica McLeod as Girl
- Donny MacNeil as Chess Kid
- Milo Shandel as Biology Teacher
- Unknown as Humphrey
- Zapped is based on the fiction novel Boys Are Dogs.
- Zoey's friend, Rachel, mentions Wizards Of Waverly Place: The Movie when she says "You know how in movies when the main character gets magic powers and everything gets wrong like when they travel back in time and stop their dad from meeting their mom, removing themselves from existence.. do you think that's gonna happen to us?'"
- The US premiere garnered 5.7 million viewers.
- Zendaya was the co-star of the Disney Channel Original Series, Shake It Up.
- Spencer Boldman stars in the Disney XD Original Series, Lab Rats.
- In the book, the main character's name was Annabelle, she didn't have any stepbrothers, and Rachel and Jackson were brother and sister. Neither did she have an app but a book that she used.
- The end of the movie shows a scene with a girl in detention at the gym and a boy hanging out with her, they find Zoey's phone in the bin. The phone is shown to be slightly working, still have the app opened, hinting on a sequel.
- Too Much is a promotional single for the movie as well as the theme song of the movie.
- Zapped is the 2nd Disney Channel Original Movie Zendaya has starred in. The 1st Disney Channel Original Movie Zendaya starred in was Frenemies in 2012.